Friday, Austin got a text message from Verizon telling him he was eligible for a phone upgrade. Naturally he called me and told me to call the number to get the details. I just love when he does that...
So anyways I call and find out that because he is the primary phone on the account he is eligible for his annual phone upgrade. Immediately after hearing that he jumps on the internet at work and starts looking at phone.
By the time he pulled in the driveway here at home he had decided on his next phone.
Now I don't know about all of you but for some reason when my husband wants something it is just automatically in the budget.
Twenty minutes after he got home I found myself in the truck on the way to town with my boys. You know just how I wanted to spend my Friday evening.
My husband decided on the Droid.
He LOVES this phone!! Personally I think it was way too much for me to handle. I think I'll just stick with my BlackBerry when I am eligible for upgrade in October.
Saturday we headed back into town to get me a laptop. It is a very plain jane HP laptop. Not a whole lot more to say about it. It is functional. Big enough to run my photoshop was my only requirement. I have an external hard drive, I don't listen to music, or watch movies on the computer so I wasn't real concerned about the other features.
I know everyone touts about the Windows 7 but I have yet to notice a huge difference from Vista.
I know I sound real excited about it. I do have to say though that it will be awesome to be able to take my work with me outside this summer. I am sure most of my days will be spent outside sitting under the shade tree yelling at Mason to leave the dogs alone and to stop throwing stuff in the goldfish pond.
I CANNOT WAIT!! Warm temperatures, humidity, sunshine, green grass, dandelions, sunflowers, wildflowers, sunburns, bug bites, and my favorite fireflies.
Oh sorry I got distracted...
After our trip to town the mother-in-law called to tell us that Grandma and Uncle Justin were over.
I know sounds innocent enough right. WRONG!! So very wrong!!
She called at 2. Justin had to leave by 3. They had a 4 hour car ride.
It wasn't like they showed up unannounced. That's the last you'll read of that.
So we get around and go over there. We get half way down their long driveway and Austin notices his sister's truck and says, "Why is she here?"
I was actually stunned speechless for a second. Then I looked at my husband and said, "Um... Because she is your sister..." I said it all calm like and slow so he could understand when I really wanted to scream at him.
We then endured a couple hours of uncomfortable silences and stifled conversation.
It was fun...
Then we come to today. Today I am not doing anything. Well nothing but playing with son and surfing the internet. I might even update my Picture My Every Day site if I can find the memory card with the photos from the 16th on it. So if you happen to see my site without the 16th on it you will know why.
As of now I am successfully avoiding doing dishes and laundry. I figure I have all week to clean and play the good wife before I leave on Friday to go down home. My dad's birthday is the 9th so we will have to see if I can stretch out my visit that long. I'm sure I can accomplish it. I have faith in my abilities.... LOL...
No comments:
Post a Comment