Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bad Mommy Morning!!

Austin gets home today!! Yeah! Oh why bother, I could take him or leave him today. Why? Well because I am picking him up from work at about noon. Then he is coming home... with me... and its raining!! That means he is going to be a thorn in my backside ALL DAY! I suppose I will just have to get over it.

Now on to why this is a Bad Mommy Morning. First happened right off the bat. While I was getting his breakfast around he was crawling around the dining room. I know it sounds harmless enough right. Well wrong. Last night when I washed sippies and bottles I was a sippy short. Couldn't find it for the life of me. It was about 9 when I was doing all this and I was very tired so I figured I would find it in the morning. Yep!! Mason found it. I knew it was about half full and he brought it to me empty and had milk on his chin. I felt horrible. I opened it up and it didn't smell spoiled but I felt really bad. He hasn't thrown up yet so I am assuming he is OK. Second, I vacuumed. I usually wait until Austin gets home so one of can distract Mason. Not today I just let Mason cry while I vacuumed. Third, I took a shower. I know that sounds normal right? Nope because I have to take the whole highchair in the bathroom with me because otherwise he will scream and scream until he upchucks. Needless to say I usually shower before going to bed to avoid this. Well I didn't make it that far last night and so I put his toys on the tray and into the bathroom we went. He was okay for about 5 minutes. Then he got fussy. Well by the time I was out of the shower he was asleep and you know what I just left him there. I tiptoed my butt upstairs and left him there asleep. It wouldn't matter how gentle I was if I tried to get him out of the high chair and into the p-n-p he would wake up and be grumpy.

So there are my bad mommy moments of the day and I didn't even include the animal cracker he ate out of the dog kennel. I think it is one he found in the high chair he was playing by and he took it into the dog kennel because I am fairly sure if Hyde found a cracker in his home he would have eaten it. So I am not counting that one. I figure the day only has to get better right? Then I remember that Austin gets home today and the only things left on my honey-do list are all outside and it is raining. Maybe Mason will take a long afternoon nap and save us from fighting.

No comments: