Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My yard...

Tabe wrote a comment about my yard.
"is that ur yard?? its huge"

Yes that is my yard. Our house sits on 3 acres. We have a huge barn, old pole barn, corn crib, garden shed, well house and a dog run. I thought I had done a post about my yard already but I guess I haven't so here it is.
My Yard!!



We have since taken out this little fence because we no longer have chickens.


This is the view coming from the south on the gravel. Don't let it deceive you. That little green stripe closest to the bottom of the photo is really wider than it looks.

I don't remember why I had to drive the AWESOME green truck. I mean really my car is in the driveway.

A view from the front. The property is almost completely square and if you were to draw a tic-tack-toe on it the house would sit in the bottom middle one. The front door faces the west so we get great views of the Iowa sunsets. The windows on the second level is our bedroom. the bed sits right under these windows facing the door that looks right out into the hallway and the hallway window that faces the east. So we get the sunsets at night and the sunrises in the mornings. It just so happens that when the sun peaks over the horizon it shines directly in my eyes. Consequently I rather like the sunsets.



We have a good sized riding lawn mower, John Deere 345, 20hp, 52 inch deck, and it still takes a solid 3 hours to mow the yard. It used to only take 2 and half but Austin got a little carried away with the fertilizer this last spring. I don't mind though because the lawn mower is loud enough that I can't hear myself think. It is the only time I get to myself and I love it.

So that is my yard. I love to be outside working on it. Whether it is mowing or weeding flower beds. I can't wait until the first frost so that I can out there and clear out the beds. I have bulbs that need planting. There were some beds that we just didn't like and have been in the process of redoing these last couple of years. Well I should say that I knew I didn't want what was in them so we took them out and I didn't know what I wanted to put back in them so we did some temporary landscaping. I have finally decided what I want in them and have just recently purchased a butt load of bulbs that now need planting. It should be fun. Hopefully after the first frost the snakes are in hiding and not hiding in my flower beds.

No comments: