So much to blog about so little time.
The bathroom is coming along nicely. I have been taking photos since the beginning and will get around to posting some soon. I promise.
I think I have decided on a color. Ponytail by Dutchboy. It is a warm sandy color. I found a green I absolutely love called Happy Camper by Behr but it wouldn't go with my Americana stuff. So for now I will keep it a neutral color and maybe in a couple of years change it. After all paint is cheap. It is the so called free labor I pay through the nose for. Austin is always reminding me about something nice he has done for me. I love him that should be all the payment he needs.
Funny note because I am sick like this: Austin put his knee through the ceiling in the bathroom while putting a light in. I knew he would end up putting some part of his body through at some point. No I wouldn't have thought it so funny if he had actually gotten hurt or if we already had the drywall up and he put his knee through it. He actually lied to me and told me he didn't when I could plainly see the spot where his knee had come through. Incidentally shaped like his knee. He was afraid I was going to make him come down and put ice on it. Well I figure he is 26 and it will be his own fault if he can't move it in the morning. And yes I will laugh then also.
Austin's mother is trying really hard to talk to me. She has been trying to send me an e-mail everyday.
Truthfully I rather liked it before when I wouldn't hear from them for weeks at a time. Made my life a whole lot more uncomplicated. At least she is making an effort now to get to know me, know me. I think it is about time Austin and I have only been married for what 8 years.
Austin tells me it is because she doesn't know whether to believe Raquel on a couple of things so she figures what better way to figure out the truth than by talking to me everyday. It doesn't matter to me. It truthfully doesn't take that long to send a reply to e-mail. It is much easier to sound interested in e-mail also. Over the phone it is hard to disguise your voice to interested. I get caught all the time. Some people just don't appreciate good sarcasm.
Mason is getting his first hair cut the first weekend of September. I have a wedding to go to in Tabor so I will also be getting my hair cut. I can't wait. I think I have decided to go short. I just haven't decided how short. I am thinking below shoulders to begin with and if I decide to go shorter then I can do that the next time I go down home. My hair grows fast enough that I don't have to worry about going too short. I haven't decided on bangs yet or not. So many decisions so little time. I also have to decide if I want layers and to get my hair thinned. Now that most of the post pregnancy hair loss hair has grown back I have way way too much hair and it gives my migraines to wear it in ponytail all the time. To tell the truth I will probably tell Val to do whatever she wants with it. I truly don't care.
Austin always ask why I drive 3 hours to get my hair cut. Well quite honestly because I know I'm going to get a good cut and because I will already be down there seeing my family. So I guess I really don't drive 3 hours to get my hair cut I really only drive 5 minutes.
When I go to people up here I never know what kind of cut I will end up with. When I leave the salon I want to be able to go home and straighten my hair and have it look good. Nice and even with no stragglers. Up home it is a crapshoot. I went a whole year without having to pay for a hair cut. I actually had women that would go on break as soon as they saw me come in. Chickens!! I never actually yelled at them. I would go home and straighten my hair and come back in and show them how uneven it was.
I know why go somewhere where the cut will suck. Well my hair grows on average a little over an inch every month so it won't look horrible for too long and... well... its free. I don't have to worry about that in Tabor and it cost about half of one in Ames. I cheated and cut it myself yesterday. Just the bang area and into the left side because it grows so much faster than the rest. It was driving me crazy.
Well I think I have blabbered on enough for tonight. Mason gets up way too early. It is like he knows the nights I don't go to bed until late. Tomorrow I will tell you all about my day home with Austin. I know everyone just loves those post.
No comments:
Post a Comment