I have always taken the first shift. Whether it be child or dog so I drag my sorry out of bed to see my child standing by my side of the bed wide awake with a huge smile on his naughty face. Great...
So downstairs we go where we both go potty and then we have to get a drink. By this time Hyde has come downstairs to investigate and so we have to let him outside. Naturally we have to stand outside and wait until Hyde is ready to come back in. Fun times...
At this point we make our long trek back upstairs where Mason fusses if Hyde comes in his room. I think he is just procrastinating because then he refuses to get back in bed.
Naturally this is the point where I get annoyed. I know big surprise there.
I wrestle Mason into bed, give him his monkey he calls Mickey, and a sippy of water. Cover him with a sheet and then I go back to bed.
I no longer look at the clock when I get back in bed because the last time I did I just wanted to die. I had been up with brat boy and the dumb dog for 45 minutes. 45 MINUTES!!!
I know you think the story ends there but it doesn't.
About 30 minutes after I get back in bed I hear Mason's door knob turn. I roll over, smack Austin and say 'good luck'.
Austin gets up willing to put Mason back in bed thanks to some wonderful 'husband training' from after we got the dog. Austin is surprisingly compliant when he is sleeping.
Don't think he gets off that easy. Mason will get up at least another 2 times and so will Austin to put him back in bed.
I don't know we ever survived when Mason was a newborn. I am so tired. I actually fell asleep at the computer yesterday afternoon while checking my facebook.
How pathetic is that?
Where did my little boy that slept through the night go? I really want him back.
Although as a bonus: When I get absolutely exhausted I get weepy and Austin can't say no.
I'll be taking advantage of that until Mason starts sleeping through the night again.
Hopefully this is just a phase and we only have a couple nights of this left.
Is this what it feels like to be old? I have to say that I don't care for it at all...
No comments:
Post a Comment