It is Friday yet again. Where did my week go? My days seem to fly by and I get nothing done. It isn't that I don't try to get something done. I do! Really!! My problem is that 'the kid' is crawling and getting into everything. I can't turn my back for a second. Right now he is fascinated with the door to the office. Open, close, open, close. Stop already.
So far today he has gotten stuck in the dog kennel, on the couch, hung up on the baby gate, and tried to be a gardener. The last of which Austin isn't going to be very happy about. I have already e-mailed a warning. He shouldn't be too surprised we are on day 4 of the nap protesting. I felt bad last night because I was making supper and Mason fell asleep in his high chair. Well on second thought maybe I didn't feel that mad. He was worse yesterday than today. At least he only got in one plant today. Oh did I forget to mention that he tried to go up the stairs this morning. I couldn't believe it. He isn't even 10 months yet.
I remember when we first got Hyde we did leash training with him. That is where the pet wears a leash at all times and it is attached to your leg, wrist, or belt loop. Well the first 6 months we did leash training so that he would stay out of trouble. I wonder if it is legal to do that with your kid. It worked wonders for the dog. Although even now Hyde doesn't usually get farther than 8 feet from me. At times that can be a pain.
Next weekend we are buying Mason a baby swing so that we can go out in the afternoons. I would go on walks but the gravel (dirt, river rock, mud) road just isn't conducive to that at this time of year. It is way too muddy out. I am ready to get outside and play.
Austin asked if he was going to get to mow the yard at all this summer and I nicely replied 'NO!'. The way I figure it he has about an hour a day of alone time. Thirty minutes to work and thirty minutes home. He sure isn't going to take away the one thing that will give me alone time. Sometimes I wonder if he is truly insane. He should know better. I can't wait until next summer Mason will be old enough to follow him around. Which will hopefully keep him from doing anything that will endanger his health. Like tear anymore off the corn crib. That is a whole other post in itself. Although I do wish he would go ahead and get it torn down. The stupid thing has become an eyesore.
Now my major thought all day is what am I going to do with Austin all weekend. The drywall project will only keep him busy for so long. Don't worry his sister put in a barb at Easter about our home improvement project and hers. Evidently hers is done and we are still working on ours. Um... ya, we have a baby to take care of also and ours involved demolition not just painting and wall fixtures. Anyways I got side tracked, it is just that she really makes me mad. I've just never met someone so hateful and I have Cameron for a little sister. Sorry back to the subject at hand. What to do with Austin this weekend. I think I'll let him sleep in till noon both days and argue with him the rest of saturday. Sunday after he wakes up I am going to go to the store and leave him with the baby, I haven't decided if I will come home yet or not. I probably will after all I would miss my guys. I am just really in need of a quite day to myself. It has gotten especially bad since Mason has decided that he is afraid of my sewing machine. I don't know how that happened. He had heard it everyday of his life almost and then just decided that he was afraid of it. Hopefully he gets over soon. Maybe Grandma Robin would like to baby sit this sunday. That would be nice. I've got a curtain and an apron that I need to get finished.
Well until next time...
1 comment:
Hello Laura!
I hope you feel well, Mason is arduously in this time, isn´he?
I wish you the best for feeling better!
Love Tina
Post a Comment