Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring

It is going to be about 60 today and I have spring fever really bad. If our gravel road wasn't so muddy I would put Mason in the stroller and we would go for a walk. I cannot wait until the weather is nicer so that we can get outside. I informed Austin last night that we needed to get Mason a little swing to put in the oak tree. He doesn't see a reason for one but I have convinced him (told him firmly so that no argument ensues) that we do. I also informed him that if we have any more kids that we will need to buy a new p-n-p. Ours will most likely get destroyed this summer. Taking them outside seems to be a little rough on them. O'well, I sure am not going to stay inside just to save the stupid thing.

While we were at Lowes getting 2*4's I looked at all the flowers that they have out. I have some flowers that we are going to be moving but my honeysuckle got destroyed from the corn crib demolition. I also need to buy a couple of Lilac bushes. I know just how I want everything and where everything needs to go. Now I just need to find my husband in a good mood so that he will help me with a minimum of complaining.

Hopefully this summer we will get the rest of the corn crib down this summer. It has turned into an eyesore. I have tried to convince him to just put a chain around the copula and pull it down. Evidently my way was way too easy and he has decided to torture me with it.

I have informed him that when he is ready to tear down the barn we are going to do it the safer easier way. He can pick the weekend and I will make the necessary plans with the electric company and the fire department.

We lost all of the fish out in the goldfish pond over the winter. We will be cleaning it out completely this spring. I am going to try to put it off until April. I don't want to get it all cleaned out and have fish in it only to have it freeze again. New fish can be somewhat picky. I am just glad that Austin is going to help me clean it. The outside of the tank goes to my hip and it goes deeper on the inside. I have no clue what is on the inside of it. Everything that we pulled out of it is covered in this black slim stuff that smells of sewage. I am sure it will be super gross. One of those day projects that we get to do while Mason plays over at Grandma's house. We usually get a lot done when Mason is gone. Well at least after we get out of bed again.

As I am writing this I look over to see the little brat smooshing an animal cracker into his hair and all over his face. He has learned that he can spit stuff out of his mouth. Now feed time is especially fun. For him that is. I don't enjoy it so much. Well I do when it is Austin he is misbehaving with.

We have a new rule. Who ever Mason is with when he is naughty has to take care of it. That includes any clean up. I was tired of doing it all alone and then when I would get a break if he was naughty Austin would just hand him over and go outside so it wasn't like I was really getting a break anyway.

No comments: