Monday, March 29, 2010

My Toy Store

April must be the month of baby showers...

I have been invited to 6 but can only make it to 3. Everyone is getting the same thing... just different. I know most everyone registered at Target or somewhere but I don't feel like buying a $50 gift. I just can't justify spending that kind of cash on something they will decide they didn't need in the first place... Five are first time mothers... so as you can imagine they registered for e~v~e~r~y~t~h~i~n~g! Including the wipes warmer and stuff they won't use for many many months and by the time baby is old enough they will have forgotten they had it in the first place. But I'm not upset by their rashness... Although I looked at one of the register list and noticed that nothing on it was under $40. They didn't even have onsies or wet wipes or blankets...

I am going to the fabric store and I'm hoping to get lucky again and get some Alexander Henry in the remnant bin again... maybe this, this, this or my all time favorite here... even some Michael Miller would do... Especially in this, this, this, this, this, or this... Too bad 4 of the showers are for boys... They just seem to be so much harder... Lucky for me all 4 boys have blue, brown, orange, green or monkeys in common.

I wish my local fabric store sold different minkys like this, this, or this... I know I could order them over the internet but I'm one of those strange people that likes to be able to touch and feel the fabric before I buy it...

I haven't decided if I am making blankets or bibs or burp clothes yet... I guess I will decide after I see what fabric is available.

I am also hoping to find something similar to this for my next camera strap... Mine suffered a horrible accident with some spaghetti sauce while I was making lasagna and I had the perfect one ready to put on whenever I got over feeling lazy but now I'm suffering givers remorse... and with my washer on the fritz I don't know if I will be able to salvage it or not...

Am I the only person that suffers givers remorse??? You gave something away on a whim because it just really didn't matter anyways and then when you would have used that object it is no longer in your possession because you gave it away. Even though it went to someone you love and know it will be enjoyed...

I realize I could make another one but it just wouldn't be the same...

I wonder if this is how mothers feel about their sons?

So anyways that is what I have planned for today and really the rest of the week... This weekend we are going to my grandma's for Easter with my family. We are riding down together... Please pray for me. 7 hours in a moving vehicle with my husband, son and two little dogs... I will need patience and a whole lot of understanding!

Photobucket

No comments: