Friday, June 6, 2008

It's Friday

Well it is Friday, the sun is shinning, the wind is blowing and yet I feel totally unprepared for the weekend. I know just how does someone prepare for the weekend. Well by bracing themselves for the fact that her husband is going to drive her nuts.

There are some things that I know will happen this weekend that I have little control over. On Saturday Mason will wake up early. Austin will wake up late. He will then get right in the shower and refuse to help me get ready to go. I will be stuck in the car for over 5 hours. Mason will scream all the way to town and refuse to nap until we are 20 minutes away from our destination. When we get home Mason will have used the 2+ hour drive as a nap and will be up until midnight. While I am gone Austin will do something dangerous and then refuse to tell me what it was until I notice that something is different.

On Sunday Mason will again wake up early. Austin will again wake up late whereas he will then get right in the shower and refuse to help me get Mason ready to go so I will have to listen to him cry the whole time I'm in the shower. Mason will again decide not to nap until we are close to our destination. We will be late for lunch thanks to Austin procrastinating. Austin will not tell me what he wants for supper and whatever I make will not be right. Mason will go to bed early and keep crying out in his sleep until midnight.

So now that I have told you how my weekend will go I guess I could tell you what we are going to be doing: Saturday Mason and I are going to, my nephew, Major's b-day party. It is being held a little over 2 hours from here. (Hence the 5 hours in a car.) They are having it at a park this year so I will have to remember to pack the sunscreen. It should be fun and hopefully the storms that are in the forecast will hold off until after I get home. Austin is worried I won't come home until Sunday and he would be right if we didn't have plans for Sunday. Lucky for him we do though. Mason should have fun with all of his cousins. I will have to keep an ear out for what they are trying to teach him to say. My youngest nephew, Hunter, was trying to teach him to say shit. Hunter is 3 but he should know better. I haven't figured out yet who put the little kid up to it but I am sure he didn't think of it all on his own. I personally can't wait to get there. A whole day with my family without Austin watching over my shoulder making sure I'm not misbehaving (smoking). I know I will have a couple but I look at it this way some people get together with friends or family and have a couple of beers. Well I don't drink, I guess you could call me a social smoker. So those are the plans for Saturday. Mason and I are going to a birthday party where I will get totally 'smoked'. Yep, totally smoked. At least I won't wake up with a hang over.

Sunday all three of us are going to Du & De's house. They had a baby on the 22 of May and I am yet to see anyone but Mr. Du hold her that would be including Mrs. De. I think it is strange. When Mason was born I wouldn't even get in the door before someone was trying to get him out of the car seat. They came to the b-day party and little K stayed in her car seat the whole time. So now back to our plans. Du & De wanted to have everybody over to their house for lunch and then we can spend the rest of the day in the pool or playing cards depending on the weather. We will probably end up playing cards because there are way too many kids to have in the pool. It would be fine if the parents were going to be focused on the kids but we will be socializing and accidents happen. All 7 kids are 3 or younger. S & J are coming with their 3 kids. H is 4, Di is 2 and Da is going to be one in July. (he is 5 weeks younger than Mason) Je and Jo are also coming with their 2 little kids. R is going to be 3 here in a couple of weeks and V turned one in March. They are also expecting another little one the first part of November. Eight adults and 7 kids makes for a loud full house. That will take up most of Sunday. We should be home in time to put Mason to bed.

I am already looking forward to Monday so that I don't have to do anything and can recuperate. Just to get Austin out the door quicker I might even get up and make his lunch. Maybe, I haven't decided yet if I want to be that nice. We will have to see if he is good this weekend.

No comments: