Well... this month is just flying by.
I decided I should have at least one post this month. You know just because.
So lets see... what we've been up to...
Um... As you can tell it has been really memorable.
We went camping for Labor Day. The overnight temps were in the low 40's the first night. The next two nights Mason spent the night in my sister's camper. We had tons of fun! Mason got to play with his cousins and I got to 'play' with my sisters. Over all it was a great weekend.
The next weekend was a family reunion on my Dad's side. You know just a little gathering that my husbad refers to as the freak show and we refer to as the dating game to my brothers. It was a gorgeous day. Mason played and played and went to bed early. YAY!
Then I spent the week at my mom's house. I helped Cammie and Ricky get their new house ready for carpet and counter tops Monday night. I got back to mom's around 4 am. Got to bed around 5:30. Mason got up at 7. I know AWESOME... Tuesday evening we went to my nieces volleyball game where I got to meet my brother, Donnie Guy's, new girl friend. After Mason went to bed I went back up to Cammie's and helped some more... Wednesday my mom was off from work so we spent the day with her. Well Mason did at least. I left them at home playing and went to help Cammie and Ricky with their deck. Thursday Mason and I stayed around long enough to have lunch with Cam and Ricky and then we headed home. I had told Austin that I would be home by the time he got home. I made it by 10 minutes.
I wouldn't have helped Cammie and Ricky nearly so much as I am more of a supervisor than helper but Cammie was sick. Like sick sick. Snotty nose, cough, fever, the whole bit. I stressed to her that it would not become habit to 'help'.
Friday Austin took a half day at work. We did some work outside and then went to a friends house for supper.
Saturday Mason spent with Austin's parents. You know the people that live 10 minutes away and yet hadn't seen their grandson for 6 weeks. Those grandparents... It was suppose to be a weekend but ended up being just Saturday from about 10 to 7 or so when they dropped him off. I was personally surprised it happened at all. I know such faith. Ha! I just know them. Sad.
Sunday was spent outside. We finished taking the coopla off the corn crib and burning it. I am still sore from the demolition. Austin was clear up on the platform that used to be under the coopla, you know before it started to fall over... I was for sure he was going to come down with the stupid thing. About a year ago one side and half the roof came tumbling down so only half of it was still up there. It looks so much better now. Our fire was a little hot. We had it set up on a cement slab next to the barn and the barn was HOT to the touch. I know probably not the safest but we didn't really care if the barn burned down or not.
The fire was still going, although a lot smaller, at 3 in the morning when I let the dogs out. I can't wait until we get to burn our huge (HUGE) brush pile. We just need to find a weekend where all of our friends are in town. It is big enough though that we might end up finding a babysitter so we don't have to worry about all the little ones around the fire though. Bonus: Austin is getting ready to add to the pile.
Last night was another night spent outside. We have hopefully mowed the yard for the last time!! We typically keep our grass about 3.5 inches but we cut it down to 2 inches for fall. Nothing is worse than tall dead grass when you are trying to walk in the snow or play with a 3 year old before it snows...
So that is what we have been up to.
No comments:
Post a Comment