Wednesday, August 4, 2010

um...

So I don't know what happened last week. The post are just gone.

So on to the new week...

This summer has gone way too fast. We have been enjoying our days at home. Mason has been driving me crazy. As in he won't leave me alone crazy. He is constantly under my feet, pulling on my leg, torturing the dogs, getting in the freezer, playing in the sink and destroying my house everyday...

On a good note: Mason is potty trained!!! His aim leaves something to be desired and my bathroom smells like a urinal by the end of the day but at least he is hitting the toilet most of the time anyways. It is so cute walking by the bathroom and seeing his cute little but as he is peeing. It is not so cute when you hear giggling come from the bathroom and when I go to check it out and he is peeing over his shoulder.

I told you his aim left something to be desired!!

Hopefully we are over those kinds of aiming problems... After a couple of times in time out and some well needed baths which he hates in the middle of the day he is at least aiming for the potty.

Mason has also learned how to share.

I realize that most kids at the age of 3 already know how to share. All I have to say is that most of those are in daycare or have siblings. An only child at home with just his mother for most of the time never has to share. It isn't as though I want to play with his toys. He forces me to. Which I don't count as sharing. I count that as torture. It never fails that he will get upset with me because I can't make the car noise just right or I turn the car left when I should have turned it right. I know being an only child is hard work I'm sure.

Well being the mother of an only child is hard work too.

Especially one that so intense... Yes intense is the right word I'm looking for. He is just like his father. You know cute as all get out and spoiled. Which leaves me so outnumbered it isn't even funny.

And now I have to go clean the house that was clean this morning but wasn't to the 3 year-olds liking... I guess it could be worse though... he could have been twins...

1 comment:

Jess said...

i keep telling you, there's still time for a sibling!!!